Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Student of West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North in New Jersey, USA - A Mahalingam , Sankara Nethralaya

A Testimonial from Mr Kesav Prasad

A Student of West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North in New Jersey, USA

As a result of my three weeks in the Sankara Nethralaya research building, I gained great insight into the procedures behind medical research. The time I spent at the hospital may be the greatest persuasion that medical research is an exciting, noble profession.

I came to the understanding that Sankara Nethralaya’s Vision Research Foundation is geared entirely toward the future of medical research. Many of the genetic illnesses that patients have are assessed with the understanding that in the near future, Sankara Nethralaya will be able to treat them.

I noticed that a patient attending genetic counseling was told that the cure to the illness that was ruining his eyesight was in preclinical trials and that he should expect gene therapy within his lifetime. In biochemistry, too, I was awed by the promising future of medical research, as I learned that equipment has recently allowed such prompt diagnosis of systemic illnesses. I watched as, in a matter of minutes, a patient was diagnosed with diabetes. The possibility of increasingly early screening is impressive. In addition, the ever-increasing precision with which the Bioinformatics department can simulate interactions at the molecular level seems to promise faster and faster discoveries.

Sankara Nethralaya has an eye on the patients of today and an eye on the patients of the future with its Vision and Medical Research Foundations, and I am grateful to its entire knowledgeable staff for their expert instruction in acquainting me with the exciting realities of medical research.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Keshav Prasad
kprasad795@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment