Sunday, September 6, 2015

Teachers Responsible for Guiding Today's Leaders - Dr Susan Edwards, former principal of Presidency Girls Higher Secondary School, during the Teachers’ Day celebration held on Saturday at the Sankara Netralaya Academy on 05.09.2015

CHENNAI: Dr Susan Edwards, former principal of Presidency Girls Higher Secondary School, during the Teachers’ Day celebration held on Saturday at the Sankara Netralaya Academy, said that teachers have been responsible for giving many leaders directions during their student life.
Quoting an experience from her life, Susan Edwards recalled, “When I was the head of an institution, I came upon a student who was arrested and had not come to school for ten days. His mother pleaded me to take him back into school. Normally, we would have to given him a transfer certificate, but, I allowed him to join classes. Five years later, I happened to meet the boy’s parent and I was happy to know that her son successfully graduated. This brought immense happiness to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment